Call (602) 833-1110 for Experienced Representation!
Phoenix Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Helping Clients Obtain Fair Compensation For Serious Injuries in Arizona
Injuries sustained in negligence-based accidents can have a lasting impact on a person’s life; these injuries are known as catastrophic injuries and can affect and disrupt a person’s daily life, career, relationships, and mental health.
At IBF Law Group, our personal injury attorneys in Phoenix can help you seek compensation for your injuries. Our firm is committed to helping clients recover the compensation they need and deserve, and we can work tirelessly to maximize your compensation and minimize your liability.
Start a free 30-min. phone consultation with a qualified catastrophic injury lawyer in Phoenix by calling (602) 833-1110 or reach out online. Don’t wait to get started on your case. Multilingual services offered – we'll hire an interpreter to help with your case!
What Is Considered a Catastrophic Injury?
34 U.S. Code § 10284 defines a catastrophic injury as an injury that proximately results in a person being unable to perform work, including sedentary work.
Common types of catastrophic injuries sustained in negligence-based accidents include:
- Acoustic damage
- Amputations (or loss of limb function) Spinal cord injuries
- Internal or organ damage
- Multiple bone fractures
- Neurological disorders
- Permanent vision and hearing loss
- Third- and fourth-degree burns
- Traumatic brain injuries
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can be the result of any number of negligence-related accidents. Common causes of serious injuries include:
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Building fires
- Car accidents
- Chemical accidents
- Construction accidents
- Defective products and goods
- Falls from great heights
- Medical malpractice incidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Scalding water incidents
- Sports-related accidents
- Truck accidents
- Violence (i.e. blunt force trauma, shootings, assaults, etc.)
What Type of Compensation Can I Recover in a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
Catastrophic injuries can lead to permanent impairment and a continued need for physical therapy and medical aid. Victims can also suffer from chronic pain and psychological disorders. In a suit, you can fight to recover damages that account for your financial losses as well as your pain and suffering.
Specifically, you can be compensated for:
- Medical expenses. Catastrophic injuries can require extensive medical treatment, including emergency room treatment, ambulance bills, surgery, hospitalization, and physical therapy. You can be compensated for past and future medical expenses.
- Loss of income. Because of your injuries, you have likely lost wages as well as earning capacity, and you can be compensated for past and future lost wages.
- Prescription and medical supply costs. You can be compensated for the cost of future and past prescription and over-the-counter medication costs.
- Home and vehicle modification. You can be compensated for costs associated with having to obtain and install specialized medical equipment and modify your home and vehicle to accommodate for disability or impairment.
- Pain and suffering. Non-economic damages aim to compensate accident victims for damages that do not have an exact price/cost, and a common type of noneconomic damage is pain and suffering, which can include compensation for a loss of quality of life, negative emotional and mental effects, such as sleep disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, and adverse effects on appearance or self-image
- Loss of consortium. Loved ones can also be affected by your injuries, and a loss of consortium aims to compensate for the loss of physical intimacy and affection.
In some cases, the liable party may be required to pay exemplary (or punitive) damages. These damages aim to punish the defendant for their recklessness rather than compensate a victim for specific damages. It is important to note, however, that exemplary damages are only awarded in cases where the liable party intentionally acted recklessly and with ill will.
Let Us Help You Recover Damages
IBF Law Group can help you understand your legal rights and options, calculate your damages, and fight for your right to fair compensation. Our Phoenix catastrophic injury attorneys are known for providing our clients with individualized legal strategies and being aggressive legal advocates for our clients. If you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries after an accident, you can trust our firm will work to achieve the best possible case results.
Contact a seasoned Phoenix catastrophic injury lawyer at IBF Law Group to begin a free 30-min. phone initial consultation by calling (602) 833-1110 or completing our online contact form. Our services are available in many languages – we'll hire an interpreter until your case is done!