Call (602) 833-1110 for Experienced Representation!
Slip & Fall Accident Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ
Compassionate Legal Representation for Victims of Negligence
IBF Law Group is dedicated to acting as an advocate for our clients. Property owners owe those legally on their property a duty of care and should take steps to address slip or tripping hazards on their property. However, because of negligence, legal visitors and guests may still suffer injuries and damages in slip and fall accidents.
If you or a loved one have suffered damages in a negligence-related slip and fall accident, you can pursue financial compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. Our Phoenix slip-and-fall accident attorneys can help you calculate your damages, negotiate with the insurance company, navigate litigation (if necessary), collect evidence, establish liability, and handle the case legalities.
To schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation, call (602) 833-1110 or reach out online today.
What Kind of Tort Is a Slip & Fall Case?
Slip and fall cases are considered personal injury cases, and they specifically fall under the umbrella of premises liability matters. Under Arizona premises liability laws, business owners, landlords, and property owners should eliminate hazards and/or warn invitees and licensees about any slipping hazards.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Many different negligent property conditions can cause slip-and-fall accidents. Some of the most common causes include:
- Wet floors. Spilled food or liquid, pooled or standing water, ice, recently mopped, and waxed floors can lead to a fall.
- Weather conditions. Rain, sleet, snow, ice, and other weather conditions can lead to slippery floors and walkways.
- Footwear/clothing. A person’s clothing or shoes can contribute to or cause a fall. Some people can have long or draping clothes get caught on their shoes, nails on a property, and other objects.
- Uneven flooring or sidewalk. Loose mats, rugs, and carpets as well as other uneven surfaces can cause a person to slip.
- Potholes or cracks. Driveways, sidewalks, and other outdoor pathways can have cracks or potholes that can cause a person to trip and/or twist their ankle on the pavement.
Injuries Caused by Slip & Fall Accidents
A person can suffer from a variety of injuries in slip and fall accidents. The type and severity of the injury can vary based on the cause of the fall, the surface on which the person falls, the part of the body most impacted by the fall, and other case specifics.
Common injuries suffered in slip and fall accidents are:
- Scrapes or lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries or other head injuries
- Fractured or broken bones (especially bones in the pelvis, limbs, hands, and wrist)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Dislocated shoulders
- Spine and nerve damages
- Chronic pain
How Is Pain & Suffering Calculated in Arizona?
When bringing a slip and fall accident claim forward, a person can seek compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that have a clear price tag.
Non-economic damages are losses that do not have an exact price, like pain and suffering. Pain and suffering can include:
- physical pain and suffering, which include the literal physical pain a person can be in because of their injuries, and
- mental pain and suffering, which include the emotional toll of the accident and the injuries.
To calculate pain and suffering, most insurance companies and courts use the multiplier method. This method involves adding up the total value of your economic damages and multiplying that total by a number between one and a half and five. The multiplier number is determined based on the severity of your injuries and suffering.
Contact Our Firm
At IBF Law Group, we believe in results and can work tirelessly to maximize your compensation and minimize your liability. If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you can trust our firm to help you understand your legal options and support you from the start to the conclusion of your case. Whether you need help talking with the insurance company or navigating litigation, our personal injury attorneys are equipped to help you.
To learn more about how we can help you with your slip and fall case, schedule a free initial consultation by calling (602) 833-1110 or reaching out online today.