Get Dedicated Representation from IBF Law Group
Albuquerque Car Accident Lawyer
Get Help With Your Auto Accident Claim Today
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of unintentional injuries. In fact, many personal injury cases in New Mexico involve negligence on the road and dangerous behavior by other drivers.
The National Safety Council found that most vehicle accidents happen due to distracted driving. Whether someone is on their cell phone, talking to passengers, or simply not paying attention to the road, they are a risk to themselves and other drivers. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident due to negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
Contact the Albuquerque auto accident attorneys at IBF Law Group to learn more about your rights after an auto accident. We're ready to help you now!
How Can a Car Accident Attorney Help?
After a car crash in Albuquerque, you will need to file a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance company in order to recover compensation. But it's not that uncommon for the insurance company to try and minimize what you have suffered or put some of the blame on you as a way of reducing the amount of compensation they owe. That's where an experienced car accident lawyer comes in.
Instead of managing your accident claim on your own, you can trust IBF Law Group to handle all aspects of your case, such as:
- Filing all necessary paperwork and meeting important deadlines, such as the statute of limitations
- Collecting evidence that proves your side of the story, such as medical records, police reports, witness testimony, photos/videos, etc.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to secure a settlement that covers all your losses
- Taking the at-fault party to court if the compensation they offer is not sufficient
What to Do After A Car Accident
Were you injured in an accident? Below are several things you should not do after an accident:
- Do not give statements.
- Do not place blame and do not take any blame for the accident.
- Do not post any details related to your incident to social media.
Below are steps you should take after an accident:
- Check yourself for injuries. If you were in a car accident and have passengers, check on them too.
- If you are able, get to safety.
- Depending on what type of accident you were involved in, call 911. Wait for help.
- Exchange information with other parties involved.
- Document the accident:
- Make note of names: the other party, witnesses, etc.
- If the police were involved, note their names and badge numbers.
- If the police were involved, ask where you can get a copy of the accident report.
- Talk to witnesses.
- Take many photos: get different angles. If you were in a car accident, take a picture of the other party's license plate.
- Reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Common Types of Auto Accidents in Albuquerque
Accidents can be caused by any number of factors; some don’t involve any negligence whatsoever. Unfortunately, the vast majority of car accidents in Albuquerque are directly caused by the negligent behavior of another driver, the car manufacturer, and sometimes even the government entity responsible for maintaining our roads and highways.
Some of the most common types of car accidents our firm handles include:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk/impaired driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists
- Accidents involving motorcycles
- Accidents caused by commercial vehicles, such as semi-trucks
Whether you were injured in one of the above incidents or a different type of accident, contact our auto accident lawyers in Albuquerque as soon as possible! We can review the details of your accident during a free consultation and explain whether or not you have a case.
Fight for the Compensation You Deserve After an Accident
Vehicle accidents can result in life-altering injuries. The cost of damages, plus the price of recovery and lost wages, can be astronomical. We understand how traumatizing accidents can be, which is why we work hard to evaluate your situation, collect evidence related to your accident, and build a strong case on your behalf.
Call (505) 216-2864 to speak with experienced car accident attorneys in Albuquerque who are ready to fight for every penny you deserve.